CHAIR OF TRUSTEES
Citizens Advice Wyre Forest is seeking to appoint a new Chair of Trustees to work in partnership with the Manager, with a particular interest in supporting those in need.
Who we are
- A local charity
- Staffed mostly by volunteers
- Supporting local people
- To provide the advice people need for them to solve the problem they face.
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives
- Citizens Advice Wyre Forest provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
- We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
You will have the time to devote to quarterly Board meetings and participation at Board sub- committees in addition to being able to be involved in extracurricular activities and governance.
Trustee positions are unremunerated, voluntary positions; reasonable travel and subsistence expenses can be reimbursed.
The Trustees of Citizens Advice Wyre Forest have a broad range of skills including law, accountancy, fundraising, HR, and senior management expertise. Four Trustee meetings are held each year and in order to contribute to the decision making process Trustees are expected to visit the offices and to join sub-committees as required in order to understand the business better.
The Chair of Trustees will be responsible for the following:
- Providing leadership to the Trustee board and ensuring that all Trustees fulfil their duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the Citizens Advice Wyre Forest
- Supporting the manager in meeting strategic goals
We are looking for someone with a broad range of skills and experience including:
- Sound business acumen & management
- Board participation in the corporate or ‘not-for-profit’ sector
We are particularly interested, but not exclusively, in attracting candidates who live in Wyre Forest and who understand the communities we serve.
For a detailed job description and details on how to apply please email, or phone - Kate Bennett, Manager firstname.lastname@example.org 01562 60194